Thursday, September 3, 2009

Living in Mugglebug Land

Mugglebug Glossary of Terms:

My Ruth of my mouth = roof of my mouth. "I did not let my pineapple touch my tongue or my Ruth of my mouth when I ate it."

To pimp = to flick. "Daddy! I just pimped a fly off my arm!"

Thermotica = harmonica. "I want to play my thermotica on the stage at church!" (This term later evolved into harmotica which is not quite as funny)

Food stamps = finger prick. "I do not like food stamps! Am I ever gonna have to get food stamps again, Mommy? I did not like that!" I'm not sure where this one comes from, perhaps because she had to get a finger stick to check her hemoglobin levels to qualify for WIC?)

Yesterday = at some point in the near or distant past. "Remember yesterday when we had a sleepover at Cloe's house? That was so fun!" (That sleepover happened months ago)

My boy = my imaginary husband. "Well, my boy likes strawberry vanilla tea!"

My mean boy = my other imaginary husband or his alter ego (not sure which). "Do you know what my mean boy did to me? He hit me!"
(Sadly, but probably for the best, the usage of "my boy" is all but obsolete in the girls' vocabulary these days.)

Nipples = bra. At Dillards-- "Mommy, look at all those nipples!"

~Things I Never Thought I'd Say~

"No more salad until you finish your pizza!"

" You ate the ENTIRE bag of frozen corn?"

"Really? You thought flinging wet toilet paper on the wall and ceiling was a good idea?"

"Using a purple marker as lipstick is not really good for you."

"Go watch TV!"






3 comments:

  1. Hilarious, thanks for sharing...wish I would have documented more of these things when my boys were small. One story I will never forget...Luke at 2 years old was shopping with me at the old Venture. I was looking at bras, and he looks around and says, "Boobies, boobies, boobies, I wike boobies!" As the elderly lady near us just looked at me in shock, all I could do was shrug my shoulders and give a worried smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. All moms need to capture those moments and stories and write them down. You should visit my sister in-laws blog. http://www.familyofblacks.com/blog.htm
    She is another mom that takes the time to capture those moments. Kids are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about not so cute once they get it... E. used to sing abcdefghijk q r stu bubble head double v next time sing with me. Or some variant... Now she gets it. :- (

    Keturah

    ReplyDelete