Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Muggle Struggles

Tonight I played the piano for the church choir I accompany for. They are doing a variety show this Saturday evening at 6:30 and we were rehearsing a couple of the acts. For some reason tonight I had no sense of rhythm. The rhythms were so simple, but I just felt like I was completely incapable of playing them. I think it may have had something to do with the fact that it was a 50's Du Wop medley and I had never heard any of the songs. But whatever the case, I didn't feel "on." Ah well, maybe I'll have a better time at tomorrow's rehearsal. And if anyone wants to come watch a primarily senior (as in 60+) variety show, tickets are cheap, the snacks are great, and the laughs are inevitable! We'll be at Redeemer Evangelical Church at 6450 Kingshighway. And now, to pay homage to the 50's...

"Good night, sweetheart, well, it's time to go,
Good night, sweetheart, well, it's time to go,
I hate to leave you, but I really must say,
Good night, sweetheart, goodnight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment